[U-Boot] Pull request, u-boot-tegra/master

Tom Warren TWarren at nvidia.com
Fri Jun 7 15:28:19 UTC 2019

Hi, Tom.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 6:32 PM
To: Tom Warren <tomcwarren3959 at gmail.com>
Cc: u-boot at lists.denx.de; Thierry Reding <thierry.reding at gmail.com>; Tom Warren <TWarren at nvidia.com>
Subject: Re: Pull request, u-boot-tegra/master

On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 01:50:59PM -0700, Tom Warren wrote:

>  Tom,
>
> Please pull u-boot-tegra/master into U-Boot/master. Thanks!
>
> All Tegra builds are OK, and Stephen's automated test system reports
> that all tests pass.
>
> The following changes since commit 6d93d245c148f10f15724601650fab3a665f102c:
>
>   Merge git://git.denx.de/u-boot-riscv (2019-06-05 10:07:31 -0400)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.denx.de/u-boot-tegra.git master
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 879a3bc1c2f3e2aadd6f05e6427cf4d97a272f9a:
>
>   ARM: tegra: Mark built-in Ethernet as default on Jetson TX2
> (2019-06-05
> 09:16:35 -0700)

This feels like a lot of change this late in the cycle.  Are you sure this is the right time for it?  Thanks!

[TomW] I've been trying to get Thierry's Tegra misc. patches in for several weeks, but they needed to wait on a change from Thierry that had to go thru JoeH's repo (net: eth-uclass), otherwise TX2 network testing was failing.  Once you merged Joe's changes, I added Thierry's 26 patches and tested locally and pushed a PR.  We need these in so we can push support for our new Jetson Nano board upstream.

If they need to wait for the next cycle, that's your call - we've tested them here on Stephen's testframe, but it doesn't include every Tegra board.  When would be the earliest they could get merged if they miss this cycle?

Tom

--
nvpublic