[U-Boot] Verified boot of images without signatures

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 20:27:52 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 2:10 PM Alex Kiernan <alex.kiernan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:00 PM Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Am I missing something here?
> >

> Probably... I went round a very similar loop too. You need the
> required property in the U-Boot DTB, not in the image you're booting.
> And if you're trying to do this for SPL loading U-Boot you need
> CONFIG_SPL_LOAD_FIT_FULL. Oh and make sure you've disabled legacy
> image support.
Hi Alex,
You nailed it.  I didn't understand that the "required" property
belonged to the u-boot dtb, not the fitImage.  Now that I understand
that, I see where that is described in signature.txt.  I'm great at
understanding documentation once I know what the documentation says
:-)

Thanks for the help.

--wpd