[U-Boot] Jetson TX1 boot problems

Andreas Färber afaerber at suse.de
Mon Jun 17 00:51:42 UTC 2019

Am 14.06.19 um 19:40 schrieb Stephen Warren:
> On 6/14/19 11:09 AM, Andreas Färber wrote:
>> (I recently wondered whether TX1 may be missing some, as I needed
>> multiple tries to boot the kernel successfully there - TF-A 2.1 didn't
>> work there, so some more investigations TBD. R28.3.0 still wasn't
>> booting U-Boot ~2019.04, I needed R24.2.2 still as you once suggested.)
>
> Hmm. Are you building your own copy of ATF (you mentioned 2.1; I can't
> recall what version we ship)?

v1.2

> FWIW, my usptream U-Boot test system uses L4T r28.1 to test Jetson TX1
> and TX2. It does test DHCP/TFTP, but not EFI or booting a kernel.

So it turned out that what I last tried with R28.3.0 was downstream
U-Boot plus upstream TF-A v2.1. I've been digging into this and have a
draft fix for upstream TF-A, a BL2 parameter layout change:

https://review.trustedfirmware.org/c/TF-A/trusted-firmware-a/+/1317

With this I can boot into -rc4 on R28.3.0. Haven't re-checked R24 yet.

Some U-Boot side EFI and non-EFI problems (as well as kernel deferred
probing problems) remain to be investigated.

Cheers,
Andreas

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)