[U-Boot] Jetson TX2 hangs during dhcp boot

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Mon Jun 17 16:48:25 UTC 2019

On 6/16/19 1:46 PM, Mian Yousaf Kaukab wrote:

>> This time out means that TEGRA_ARI_ROC_FLUSH_CACHE_TRBITS ARI call timed out. Looks like the firmware responsible for handling this ARI call is stuck or overloaded and not servicing any calls.
> Any thoughts on how to debug it?
>
> I couldn't get upstream TF-A to work. Here is how I am building it:
> make CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu- PLAT=tegra TARGET_SOC=t186 DEBUG=1 all
>
> then I build tos.img as following:
> ./gen_tos_part_img.py bl31.bin JetPack_4.2_Linux_P3310/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/tos.img
>
> (try to)flash as following:
> ./flash.sh -k secure-os jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1
>
> However, I can't get flashing to work as soon as tos.img from R32.1 is
> replaced with my build. Is upstream TF-A supposed to work with R32.1?

I personally wouldn't /expect/ anything except our downstream versions
of ATF and Trusty to work, but they might if you're lucky. I believe
we're quite close to (some version of) upstream for ATF so upstream ATF
/might/ work (but I don't believe we test it, so no guarantees). For
Trusty I'm less sure we're close to any particular upstream version
these days, so I wouldn't count on much.