[U-Boot] Continuous Integration (CI)

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed Jun 19 18:20:24 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 05:42:21PM +0800, Bin Meng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 4:39 PM Linder Pascal <Pascal.Linder at edu.hefr.ch> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >

> > I recently saw the .travis.yml file in the repository and thought a
> > bit more about CI in U-Boot. As I am using GitLab for my own
> > repository, I would be interested in a .gitlab-ci.yml file. Does
> > anybody already have implemented a GitLab CI for U-Boot or how do
> > you guys approach this issue?
>
> I believe there is a plan to migrate to GitLab for U-Boot repos hosting. +Tom

So, as of today I've posted a patch to add a .gitlab-ci.yml file.  This
is similar to the Travis one except that it does not split the world
build up.  This is overall desirable I believe as we spend too much time
trying to make sure we don't miss boards in the split up as well as that
splitting it up adds overhead (re-grab toolchains, buildman re-sets up
directories, etc).  We may end up wanting to split the world job up into
ARM, PowerPC and Everyone else if there's a few build nodes as at that
level the parallelization of multiple machines will outweigh the
overhead, but today with Travis 50+ jobs is making our overall time
worse :(

--
Tom