[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.10 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Oct 8 14:31:44 UTC 2019

On Tue, Oct 08, 2019 at 04:17:08PM +0200, Michal Simek wrote:
> On 08. 10. 19 16:02, Tom Rini wrote:

> >> Anyway back to the problem. If path matters for all these cases.
> >> Path depends on your github username because clone is done like that.
> >>
> >> git clone --depth=50 --branch=mainline-v20191008
> >> https://github.com/michalsimek/u-boot.git michalsimek/u-boot
> >>
> >> And buildman is running without -o property. Shouldn't we setup -o
> >> property that it will behave the same for everybody?
> >> -o /tmp/ ?
> >>
> >> Then all pathes should be the same for everybody without any dependency
> >> on github user name.
> >
> > It's the source path not the binary path that's encoded in to the
> > binary, is the problem.  I don't know if we can easily / reliably do our
> > builds somewhere else (gitlab for example is, or will be shortly,
> > /builds/gitlab/u-boot in all cases) on Travis.
>
> Is there something blocking us to move it to /tmp?

I don't know if in travis /tmp is a tmpfs or not, to start with.  If we
can preface things to move our checkout to /builds/u-boot/u-boot (which
is what I see it as in GitLab, once we move to non-root builds at least)
it will be a match.

I'm currently kicking moving Travis to bionic, to match what we'll need
in GitLab, to be able to move off of python2, can you kick a few ideas
around in your travis please?

But it's all a bandaid until we can move to I guess gcc-9 (as there's no
one gcc-8 that works for everyone) and get the prefix map thing.

Thanks!

--
Tom