[U-Boot] pytests: TypeError: 'encoding' is an invalid keyword argument for this function

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Sun Oct 20 13:11:43 UTC 2019

On 10/20/19 2:27 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 08:30:44AM +0200, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
>> Hello Tom,
>>
>> I tested with the updated origin/WIP/Update-test.py-tests:
>>
>> $ python3 ./test/py/test.py --bd=qemu-arm64 --build-dir=. -k=test_efi_
>> INTERNALERROR> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> INTERNALERROR>   File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_pytest/main.py", line 180, in
>> wrap_session
>
> Yes, as I was saying on IRC you need to remove the system python-pytest
> and install python3-pytest or switch to a virtualenv setup with
> python=python3 and pip install pytest there.  These, unfortunately, are
> the ways the Python community wants to deal with packaging.

python-pytest and python3-pytest are installed in completely separate
directories, see

https://packages.debian.org/de/sid/all/python3-pytest/filelist
https://packages.debian.org/de/sid/all/python-pytest/filelist

python-pytest cannot be invoked by python3.

So uninstalling python-pytest cannot help to solve the issues that your
patches cause.

You know that python on most distros will call python2. So if you want
to call python3 do it explicitly.

virtualenv would only needed if you had different releases of python3
packages that do not fit together.

Best regards

Heinrich