[U-Boot] Regression in fastboot on X15 due to CDCE913 enabling

Tero Kristo t-kristo at ti.com
Thu Oct 24 07:32:38 UTC 2019

On 23/10/2019 17:20, Sam Protsenko wrote:
> + fixed U-Boot mailing list address
>
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 3:13 PM Sam Protsenko
> <semen.protsenko at linaro.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tero,
>>
>> This patch was merged in U-Boot/master recently:
>>
>>      e8e683d33b0c ("board: ti: am57xx-idk: Configure the CDCE913 clock
>> synthesizer")
>>
>> Unfortunately it leads to a regression in fastboot code on BeagleBoard
>> X15. Basically fastboot stops to work, with a message like this:
>>
>>      => fastboot 1
>>      No USB device found
>>      USB init failed: -19
>>
>> I haven't investigated that as I'm busy with Android boot flow patch
>> series at the moment (trying to merge it before merge window closes).
>> Can you please investigate what is the cause and how to fix it?
>>
>> Thanks!

This seems to be caused by usb dwc3 init failing to get clks, if
CONFIG_CLK is enabled. We appear to have the attached patch which fixes
it in TI internal u-boot tree; it fixes the issue with latest u-boot also.

Should this be picked for upstream also? (CC: Vignesh)

-Tero

--
Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki. Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki