[U-Boot] U-Boot: Erasing NOR Memory, only half of the content erased

florian.manoel at siemens.com florian.manoel at siemens.com
Wed Oct 30 13:00:27 UTC 2019

Hello U-Boot team,

We are facing a problem with our NOR Memory.

We try to update the content of this memory, the process is normally:

*       Reset the target memory address range => back to 0xFF
*       Flash the new data
*       done

But, we noticed that the memory is not fully erased. The first block of 64KiB is reset and the next 64KiB block not, etc..

I join a log that presents our problem (erase NOR half.txt), the U-Boot config (u-boot.cfg) and the datasheet of the concerned memory (MX25U25645GMI00.pdf).

About our config:

*       software development based on the DENX U-Boot V2019.10 revision
*       custom board with the CPU NXP LS1043a Layerscape
*       exact memory reference 'Macronix MX25U25645GMI00/TR' connected on a QSPI interface
*       We don't have any trouble to flash this memory with a Lauterbach debugger

Is this problem already known ?

Could you provide us a patch ?

If needed, I can transmit more information.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Florian Manoël

Siemens AG
Digital Industries
Process Automation
Software House Khe
DI PA CI R&D 2
Östliche Rheinbrückenstr. 50
76187 Karlsruhe, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 721 595-1433
mailto:florian.manoel at siemens.com
www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife<https://siemens.com/ingenuityforlife>

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jim Hagemann Snabe; Vorstand: Joe Kaeser, Vorsitzender; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich, Janina Kugel, Cedrik Neike, Michael Sen, Ralf P. Thomas; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München, Deutschland; Registergericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322