[U-Boot] Use of the go command

Herburger, Gregor Gregor.Herburger at tq-group.com
Wed Sep 11 07:31:12 UTC 2019

Hello,

i use the go command from the hush shell to execute a function from environment. That function has been initially compiled in U-Boot and was first called in board_late_init().

I call the function by using
go #address

on my Arm Cortex A-7 machine the do_go_exec becomes:
e1a03000        mov     r3, r0
e1a00001        mov     r0, r1
e1a01002        mov     r1, r2
e12fff13        bx      r3

so instruction set is exchanged. This seems to work the function returns and returns back to the hush-shell.
My question is now: Is it safe to use the go command to execute U-boot functions or do I miss something here?
Does the exchange of the instruction set have some influence on the further execution of U-boot.?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

i.A. Gregor Herburger
Entwicklung Software Delling
Tel. +49 8153 9308-809, Fax +49 8153 9308-7809
gregor.herburger at tq-group.com

TQ-Systems GmbH
Mühlstraße 2, Gut Delling, 82229 Seefeld
Amtsgericht München, HRB 105018
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Seefeld
Geschäftsführer: Detlef Schneider, Rüdiger Stahl, Stefan Schneider
www.tq-group.com