[U-Boot] ROCK64 fails to boot using U-Boot TPL

Matwey V. Kornilov matwey.kornilov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 10:07:12 UTC 2019

пт, 20 сент. 2019 г. в 12:30, Simon South <simon at simonsouth.net>:

> On 2019-09-20 3:39 a.m., Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:
> > Could you please provide us console logs for both successful and
> > unsuccessful cases?
>
> Attached.
>
> The only differences I see are
>
> - The random Ethernet address assigned in each case, and
> - The "FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC" error messages that are output only when the
> U-Boot TPL is used.

Missed correct FDT file may cause booting errors like your. At least
in Linux kernel world. I am not an NetBSD expert.
The question is that FDT is not directly related to TPL in any way.

Do you have an idea where is correct FDT supposed to came from in
NetBSD case? For Linux, the file is placed on the boot partition and
retrieved by u-boot while looking for EFI application, etc.
Another backup FDT is bundled with the u-boot image itself, however it
never worked for me for booting Linux.

--
With best regards,
Matwey V. Kornilov