[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.10-rc4 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Sep 23 16:25:51 UTC 2019

Hey all,

So, I had said I would do -rc4 on September 9th and -rc5 on September
23rd, and now it's the 23rd and I'm doing -rc4.  Why?  My reminder for
-rc4 got lost in the shuffle that day and I didn't remember about it
until close to -rc5 time.  My fault, oops.

At this point, I'd really like to see pull requests that are fixing bugs
or regressions.

I've also today clarified on the
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/CustodianGitTrees page that the "next"
branch is expected to be rebased.  Why?  While I'm not sure if I want to
apply things directly to the next branch and then give them some sort of
automated testing, I do want to try and give changes some sort of build
testing and similar sooner than I have, and that was at least a related
problem.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2019.10-rc2..v2019.10-rc3
and again, please make sure to use a tag with a changelog for your pull
request or at least a changelog of sorts in the email itself.

The v2019.10 release is currently scheduled for October 7th.  Thanks all!

--
Tom