mmc: zynq: "bus-width = <8>" entry ignored?

Benedikt Grassl Benedikt.Grassl at rohde-schwarz.com
Mon Apr 6 16:33:28 CEST 2020

Hi,

I added a "bus-width = <8>" entry to the ZynqMP's sdhci0 node on our custom board (that acutally uses an 8-bit data bus). I also set it to
HS200 mode. However, this setting is ignored: when I run "mmc info"
the bus width seems to be 4 bit:

Device: mmc at ff160000
(...)
Bus Speed: 200000000
Mode: HS200 (200MHz)
(...)
Bus Width: 4-bit

Looking at the source code, it seems that the bus-width entry is never evaluated. I wonder if I can fix this by calling "mmc_of_parse" when probing the device. This function seems to be called nowhere in the driver so far. Is there a certain reason to that or am I missing anything else?
I included a patch with what I intend to do.

Thanks a lot,
Benedikt