Question regarding sending new platform code

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Fri Apr 24 17:23:33 CEST 2020

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 10:43:28PM +0530, Rayagonda Kokatanur wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am planning to push patches for new platform which includes board files,
> configuration files, defconfigs,  dt files etc everything specific to new
> platform.
>
> I managed to break the new platform code into small logical patches,  I
> ended up creating total 77 patches.
>
> Now is it good idea to send all these 77 patch in one go or should I send
> them incremently like 20 patches.

It's probably best to send them all once, in multiple logical series.
I'm sure the first series will need some rework and the follow-up will
need rebasing on top of that, so you don't have to fix everything before
posting v2 of everything, just v2 (and v3 and so on) of the first one.
But seeing everything will help people have an idea of the end goal.
Thanks!

--
Tom