Updating using FIT images to SPI NOR and eMMC

Aaron Williams awilliams at marvell.com
Tue Apr 28 03:58:35 CEST 2020

Hi all,

I am looking at using FIT images to update the various blobs in our SPI NOR
and eMMC devices since various blobs must be placed at specific addresses.
Right now it looks like this update support is limited to CFI flash. Does
anyone have any thoughts on extending this to SPI NOR and eMMC?

Our SOCs have a specific flash layout with a number of blob locations dictated
by hardware, especially for secure booting.

-Aaron