Question about mkimage

Stéphane R. richardson.steph.mg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 18:17:51 CEST 2020

Hi,

I don't know if it is the right place to ask bout it.

I'm a student, beginner in the world of embedded linux etc. In a work I
have to do, I explore the use of hypervisors. The one I'm using (xvisor) is
loaded with u-boot on the raspberry pi 3.
Mkimage is used to convert the disk.img of the guest OS to make it
compatible with u-boot. It's working well with a linux image. When I tried
with a freeRTOS "disk" it didn't work.
Actually I'm not sure if I'm doing it the right way, first I tried
converting it exactly the same way I converted the linux disk but it didn't
work. Then I tried just replacing the os type to OpenRTOS. But then an
error occurs during the loading telling that "No linux AArch64 Ramdisk
Image / Ramdisk image is corrupt or invalid". In Image type, the ramdisk
has "ARM unknown OS RAMDisk Image"

Do I have to change something else than the os type ?

thanks in advance