RK3399 DSI and panel driver question

Michael J. Hammel uboot at graphics-muse.org
Thu Dec 17 17:14:25 CET 2020

Does anyone have any experience with RK3399 DSI and panel bringup in u-
boot?  I believe I have the vopl and mipi configured - I can see the
backlight come on at least - but I think I need a panel-specific
driver.  Simple-panel doesn't send dsi commands so the panel never
inits.  And I'm not clear if I need the dsi-host driver bound to the
vopl in the way the stm32f469 does it.

I have a BSP that uses an old u-boot with backported Linux DRM code
that supposedly works but I've not been able to get that working
either.  I found a dsi panel driver there but it wants a
mipi_dsi_device to send dsi commands and I'm not sure how to configure
one of those.

Any pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks.
--
Michael J. Hammel <uboot at graphics-muse.org>