Setting DEVICE_TREE for xilinx_zynq_virt_defconfig?

Florian Klink flokli at flokli.de
Sun Dec 27 17:48:51 CET 2020

On 20-06-22 14:12:59, Michal Simek wrote:
>Hi,
>

>On 20. 06. 20 20:06, Florian Klink wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I tried building latest master 2b8692bac1e8795cbb87b0d00213fd193409851d,
>> for a zynq device, and did according to the documentation:
>>
>> $ export DEVICE_TREE=zynq-zc702
>> $ make xilinx_zynq_virt_defconfig
>> $ make
>>
>> Reading f7c6ee7fe7bcc387de4c92300f46cb725b845b53, I assumed this should
>> have fixed FDT loading, but for some reason u-boot still tries to look
>> for a `zynq-zynq.dtb` in FDTDIR.
>>
>> Could it be this broke in the meantime, or is this expected?
>
>I am not aware about any issue like this. Can you please provide more
>logs to see what it is happening?

Sorry for the super radio silence, this is mostly a hobby project, and
now I finally have some time :-)

My main understanding here is that if I build u-boot with
DEVICE_TREE=zynq-zc702, and pass FDTDIR directive in extlinux.conf, it
would try to load `zynq-zc702.dtb` from the FDTDIR on but, but
apparently it always tries to load a "zynq-zynq.dtb" file.

My hardware currently at hand isn't a zynq-zc702, but a PYNQ - I'll send
the patches for that in a bit and paste a proper log here.

Regards,
Florian