[RFC] VIDEO_MXS in Kconfig and SUNXI video DM

Giulio Benetti giulio.benetti at benettiengineering.com
Thu Dec 31 02:29:27 CET 2020

Hello Anatolij, All,

I was wondering if there is any drawback in adding VIDEO_MXS in
drivers/video/Kconfig This is to allow removing CONFIG_VIDEO_MXS from
every include/configs/xxx.h and adding to specific _defconfig and to
make it more clear when you enable or disable it through
'make menuconfig'.

I can do that with a patchset if it makes sense for you.
Same would go for:
CONFIG_VIDEO_LOGO
CONFIG_VIDEO_BMP_LOGO

with other 2 patchsets more.

This idea came into my mind when looking at imxrt1050-evk board I maintain.

What do you think?

Also I want to add DM support for sunxi video as I've done for mxsfb.c,
if I follow the same
#ifndef CONFIG_VIDEO_DM
'''legacy driver init
#else
'''new u-boot DM driver
#endif

it should be ok, right?

This would allow me to specify lcd timings in DTS instead of
CONFIG_VIDEO_LCD_MODE, so I could avoid having many uboot binaries as
many lcds my board supports.

What about that?

Best regards
--