Support UBI u-boot

JH jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 07:34:55 CET 2020

Hi,

Sorry for cross-posting, I have been asking for helping solving the
issue many days ago, but could not get those work.

(1) UBI support

I added NAND and UBIFS support to my Yocto layer machine config file:

UBOOT_CONFIG = "nand"
UBOOT_CONFIG[nand] += "mx6ull_14x14_evk_config"
UBOOT_CONFIG[nand] += "mx6ull_14x14_evk_nand_config"
UBOOT_CONFIG[nand] += "ubi"
UBOOT_CONFIG[nand] += "ubifs"

But my u-boot.imx-nand still could not support ubi:

=> ubi part rootfs
Unknown command 'ubi' - try 'help'

What I could be missing here?

(2) Patch u-boot parameters

I am not clear how you do to change u-boot parameters, it seems to me
I have to create my own u-boot-imx_2017.03.bbappend and patch files to
 mx6ullevk.h, to change u-boot parameters of mtdparts, NAND_ROOT_UBI,
bootcmd, etc based on my configuration.

But Yocto won't allow the patch running unless that the patch is
committed to the git repository in
https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/uboot-imx.git.

Ideally, I thought all u-boot parameters can be changed in a bbappend
file, could you advise if it is possible to do that way or not? If so,
how to do it?

If not, what is the policy for making parches and commit to the git
repository https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/uboot-imx.git?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh