uEnv.txt not read on eMMC Beaglebone black

Benjamin Freeman b.t.freeman16 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 09:48:07 CET 2020

Hi,

I have made a distribution for Beaglebone black using Buildroot
2019.11.1. Everything works fine when all the files are flashed on a SD
card.

I have now flashed the eMMC with the same files. Unfortunately it
doesn't boot properly anymore. U-boot doesn't read the uEnv.txt anymore.

Here is the output I am getting:

switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc1(part 0) is current device
Scanning mmc 1:1...
58308 bytes read in 9 ms (6.2 MiB/s)
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc1(part 0) is current device
SD/MMC found on device 1
## Error: "bootcmd_nand0" not defined
starting USB...

I have tested with version 2019.10 and 2019.07 using am335x_evm defconfig.

Does anyone have an idea on why uEnv.txt on the eMMC is not read?

Thank you,

Benjamin Freeman