use invd instead of wbinvd in real mode start code

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Feb 17 17:05:33 CET 2020

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 05:32:45PM +0200, Andy Shevchenko wrote:

> > If you find bisecting is too much work you probably still do it
> > manually. Why don't you use  tbot  to automize such boring and time
> > consuming tasks?
>
> Bisection time something about 10%, while 90% is flashing the board
> and, given the result, triggering either bad or good next cycle.

In case our emails crossed, this is where 'git bisect run' comes in
handy if you can automate the flashing.  It's why I have the follow
script locally:

#!/bin/bash

if [ $# -ne 1 -a $# -ne 2 ]; then
        echo "Usage: $0 buildman-spec test.py-id"
        exit 1
fi

if [ $# -eq 2 ]; then
    ARGS="$1 --id $2"
else
    ARGS="$1"
fi

# Build the board
virtualenv -p /usr/bin/python3 /tmp/venv
. /tmp/venv/bin/activate
pip install -r test/py/requirements.txt

set +e
./tools/buildman/buildman -o /tmp -P ^${1}$
set -e

# Run the tests
export PATH=${PATH}:/home/trini/work/u-boot/uboot-test-hooks/bin
export PYTHONPATH=/home/trini/work/u-boot/uboot-test-hooks/py/bill-the-cat:${PYTHONPATH}
export UBOOT_TRAVIS_BUILD_DIR=/tmp/.bm-work/$1
./test/py/test.py --bd $ARGS --build-dir "$UBOOT_TRAVIS_BUILD_DIR" -k 'not sleep'

To run test.py automatically for a board, and I have several boards
hooked up to the framework Stephen Warren has.  When I need to bisect a
boot failure I change 'not sleep' to 'version' so it only runs that one
super quick test.  Then 'git bisect run uboot-test.sh boardname' once I
have the first good/bad.  And I'll do a 'git checkout' of a commit or
two if I have a hunch of what introduced the failure.

--
Tom