use invd instead of wbinvd in real mode start code

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Tue Feb 18 06:48:43 CET 2020

Hello Andy,

Am 17.02.2020 um 17:04 schrieb Wolfgang Denk:
> Dear Andy,
>
> In message <CAHp75VfuzMm=CPJ86GspRiiv+AAYbs+jFDKP2rfNmYhsmvOY+w at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>>> If you find bisecting is too much work you probably still do it
>>> manually. Why don't you use  tbot  to automize such boring and time
>>> consuming tasks?
>>
>> Bisection time something about 10%, while 90% is flashing the board
>> and, given the result, triggering either bad or good next cycle.
>
> Yes, and this is exactly what tbot was made for - automating such
> repeating, boring activities.  It is wasted life time to do this
> manually.

Yes, that is one benefit if you use tbot, see git bisect help:

http://tbot.tools/modules/tc.html?highlight=bisect#tbot.tc.git.GitRepository.bisect

You only have to pass to the function the good commit as string and
a tbot python function which tests the current commit. This test
function now can call other functions like run a complete build of
current source, copy the resulting images let say to a tftp directory,
install the new images on the device, reboot it and run tests on the U-Boot
comamndline on the real board ...

So using tbot for the complete development process makes a lot of sense,
also as you have at the end a complete setup for testing your board (not
only U-Boot also linux or other commandline based machines are possible
to automate), it is easy to start a CI ... as tbot is a commandline tool
a simple cron job is enough .. or you can integrate it easily into jenkins,
buildbot, gitlab CI runner ... whatever CI you use...

If you want to get help setting up tbot, feel free to ask me or Harald
directly or on the tbot mailinglist: