no boot methods seem to work

Pallinger Péter pallinger at dsd.sztaki.hu
Wed Feb 19 10:26:28 CET 2020

options stopped working.

=> version
U-Boot 2019.01+dfsg-7 (May 14 2019 - 02:07:44 +0000)
Marvell-Sheevaplug

gcc (Debian 8.3.0-7) 8.3.0
GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.31.1

--------------------------------
Here are all my failed attempts:

=> fatload mmc 0:1 0x00800000 /uImage
** No partition table - mmc 0 **

(There _was_ a GPT partition table with one partition. I also tried a
DOS partition table, with the same result.)

=> fatload mmc 0 0x00800000 /uImage
** Unrecognized filesystem type **

(Here I tried formatting the SD card without a partition table with
ext2 and FAT16 and FAT32. All filesystems bore the same results.)

=> usb start
starting USB...
USB0:   USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus 0 for devices... EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x80008d80
EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x80008c80
EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x80008c80
2 USB Device(s) found
       scanning usb for storage devices... EHCI timed out on TD -
token=0x80008c80
EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x1f8c80
EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x248d80
error in inquiry
EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x1f8c80

(I stopped this after 5 minutes (had to power cycle). I tried two
different USB drives, with the same result. I used one of the usb
drives to update u-boot yesterday.)

=> setenv serverip 192.168.1.1
=> setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.147
=> tftpboot 0x00800000 uImage
Using egiga0 device
TFTP from server 192.168.1.1; our IP address is 192.168.1.147
Filename 'uImage'.
Load address: 0x800000

(I also stopped this after 5 minutes (had to power cycle). According to
the logs of dnsmasq, there were no attempts to access the server. I
tried to access the tftp server from a laptop connected to the same
cable as the sheevaplug, and managed to download the uImage file.)

I tried to search the mailing lists and the web for clues, but I found
no relevant results.

Please help!
Are there more ways to boot?
Are there special ways to format/partition SD cards so they work?
Have I forgotten something during network boot?
Have I bricked my sheevaplug?

Thanks in advance:
	Pallinger Péter