fitImage align 8-byte for ARM64

Matthias Schoepfer matthias.schoepfer at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 6 13:47:25 CET 2020

Hi!

I have had trouble booting a fitImage packed kernel for dragonboard410c,
which is an ARM64 platform. After days and days of debugging, I found
that the fdt is 4-byte aligned. But within the linux kernel,
Documentation/arm64/booting.txt says, fdt must be 8 byte aligned.

If I change the alignment by means of fdt_high, the Kernel boots,
otherwise, it hangs.

Is there an option to align the fitImage to 8-byte boundaries, and if
not, is it feasible to submit a patch or will this never have a chance
to get merged?!

Thanks and Regards,

   Matthias Schöpfer

--