fat: handle Windows formatted partition (thru USB Mass Storage)

Andy Shevchenko andy.shevchenko at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 11:52:48 CET 2020

Hi!

I recently stumble over FAT partitioning issue. I have a device with
MMC, one partition of which has been exported as disk via USB Mass
Storage to the host. When Windows 10 sees that disk it can't handle it
till I format it there. So far so good. However, the same partition
can't be used under U-Boot due to Windows flow, i.e. it makes a
partitioning on top of the actual partition while U-Boot expects that
we only have one MBR (or partitioning) on the dist. So, the commands
such fatls, fatload do not recognise any file there.

In Linux it's easy to use: mount -o loop,offset=65536 /dev/mmcblk0p9 /mnt
(offset can be different)

But I would like to use it in U-Boot.

Any thoughts on this?

--