imx8qxp mek: Booting mainline kernel with mainline U-Boot

Igor Opaniuk igor.opaniuk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 19:03:51 CET 2020

Hi Fabio,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 6:38 PM Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Anatolij,
>
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 8:04 PM Anatolij Gustschin <agust at denx.de> wrote:
>
> > Currently I do not have an i.MX8QXP MEK board with RevB CPU and cannot
> > test, but I have an i.MX8QXP based custom SoM with console on ttyLP2.
> > Here I tested with NXP BSP kernel based on branch imx_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga
> > and it boots successfully (with NFS rootfs or rootfs on eMMC).
>
> I have just tested imx_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga and still get the same hang.
>
> [Adding Marcel]
Marcel is on vacation.

FYI, mainline U-boot is broken on all our iMX8QXP and iMX8QM SoMs
at all since f0cc4eae9a ("core: device: use dev_power_domain_on") is merged, the
status hasn't changed. I haven't got deeply into this issue, just
quickly tried different
combinations of TF-A and SECO/SCFW, none of them has any impact.
Will get back to this issue soon.

> Just wondering if anyone else managed to boot mainline U-Boot with
> mainline kernel on i.MX8QXP.
I can test it for you with the revert patch for f0cc4eae9a applied tomorrow.

> If so, what firmware combination was used?
>
> Thanks

Thanks

--
Best regards - Freundliche GrĂ¼sse - Meilleures salutations

Igor Opaniuk

mailto: igor.opaniuk at gmail.com
skype: igor.opanyuk
+380 (93) 836 40 67