[RFC 0/2] Import and use non-atomic bit-ops

Alexey Brodkin Alexey.Brodkin at synopsys.com
Mon Jan 20 13:43:27 CET 2020

The following bitops are implemented pretty similarly for many
arches and now when we faced a need in them on ARC I guess there's
no point in copy-pasting them yet another time but instead it might
be better re-use generic version from the Linux kernel.

Since we had non of those bitops for ARC inclusion of imported header
works perfectly fine. As for other arches I do see they use a bit different
implementation but those might be just older versions etc.

Sobefore breaking stuff for other arches I'd like to get some feedback
from maintainers. Or we may just import proposed header and switch to
its usage arch-by-arch whenever people feel kile cleaning-up their bitops.

Alexey Brodkin (2):
  include: Import non-atomic.h from Linux
  ARC: Add support of bitops via generic implementation

 arch/arc/include/asm/bitops.h           |   1 +
 include/asm-generic/bitops/non-atomic.h | 109 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 110 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 include/asm-generic/bitops/non-atomic.h

--
2.16.2