[RFC] Vocore2 MMC needs clock patches

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Jan 21 13:08:01 CET 2020

Hi Mauro,

On 21.01.20 12:27, Mauro Condarelli wrote:
> Thanks Weijie,
> I made the changes You suggested.
> I have also seen You sent a new version of Your patches.
> Since mine are based on yours I *think* I should suspend
> sending my VoCore2 patches till Yours are fixed and integrated
> into master.
>
> @Stefan Roese: is this the right course of action?

I think in the current state of Weijie's patches (v3), you can resume
sending your VoCore2 support based on this latest patchset to the
list. Please don't attach a patch but send it inline next time
(git send-email) to enable review.

> I am happy what I have (pending further test, of course!),
> but I want this integrated in upstream master, if possible,
> so I'm prepared to rebase my patches after Weijie ones
> are in.
>
> Any comment welcome.
>
> Side Question: Stefan wrote:
>> Most of this can be done by using the
>> RAM version now (again). There is no additional RAM booting target now
>> any more. You can use the normal U-Boot image for this now. Please note
>> the changes TEXT_BASE here. Its now 0x80200000.
> This actually seems to work right if I start from my original u-boot
> (1.1.3,
> flashed at start of SPI NOR), but it fails if I start from a flashed (at the
> same location) u-boot-mtmips.bin
> I *think* this happens because unpacking actually writes u-boot at
> 0x80200000 and runs it from there, so "load usb 0:1 80200000 u-boot.bin"
> (or equivalent) will overwrite the running u-boot and the following
> "go ${fileaddr}" fails:
>     ## Starting application at 0x80200000 ...
>     <DEAD>

No, U-Boot relocates itself to the end of RAM and runs from there. So
this should work. Perhaps a cache flush is missing.

I'll give it a try on my LinkIt board as well later.

> Note that if I load the same version flashed it works ok (presumably because
> I'm  overwriting with the same content, so no harm done).
> How can I load in RAM end test a new version once I flash new-style u-boot?
> I am thinking about relinking at a different address, but I'm unsure.

See above.

Thanks,
Stefan