lcdif_power_down() no longer called with DM_VIDEO

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 21:52:56 CET 2020

Hi Anatolij,

I noticed that after mxsfb has been converted to DM the
lcdif_power_down() function is no longer called.

This causes issues in the kernel, where the Linux logo sometimes
appears in the incorrect position, for example. I see this issue on a
imx6ul-evk board.

If I do the same steps of U-Boot lcdif_power_down() inside the mxsfb
driverl I can make the logo to always appear in the correct position,
but in order to avoid regressions when booting existing kernels I
think that lcdif_power_down() still needs to be called when DM_VIDEO
is selected.

Not sure how to do this cleanly though.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,