i.MX USB SDP broken on imx6q-sabresd

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Thu Nov 12 14:33:49 CET 2020

Hello Fabio,

Am 12.11.2020 um 13:52 schrieb Fabio Estevam:
> Hi Heiko,
>
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 2:12 AM Heiko Schocher <hs at denx.de> wrote:
>
>> Hmm... just tried cuurent mainline on an imx6ull based board, works
>> fine for me, see log [1] ... Ok, I boot signed image: u-boot-ivt.img.signed
>
> Thanks for your test.
>
> I suppose your board does not use CONFIG_SPL_LOAD_FIT=y.

No ...

> If you have a chance to try loading SPL and u-boot-dtb.img via
> imx_usb_loader using a wandboard, I believe you will be able to
> reproduce the problem.

I have here a wandboard which I have in my daily U-Boot mainline
testing:

http://xeidos.ddns.net/ubtestresults/home

But I boot from sd card ...

> It looks like the issue I am having is the same as the one reported by Tim:
> http://u-boot.10912.n7.nabble.com/iMX8MM-USB-support-td405349.html

Hmm... I can not say here more without trying out ... currently
it is hard to find some freetime ... I can just speculate now ...

your log:
"""
load_size 0 bytes
load_addr 0x00000000
dcd 1
clear_dcd 0
plug 1
jump_mode 3
jump_addr 0x00000000
== end work item
header not found 8400:2e77d044, 4000
do_download failed, err=-22
HAB security state: development mode (0x56787856)
"""

Hmm... there is no line:

skip=0, fsize=94960 type=aa

instead:

header not found 8400:2e77d044, 4000

So this seems to me failing in imx_usb_loader code ...

The "header not found" comes from imx_sdp.c

May you enable dbg_printf() in imx_usb_loader code ... it seems
to me, that there is a problem with missing some header in your
file you try to download .... may you can compare with working one?

bye,
Heiko
Phone: +49-8142-66989-52   Fax: +49-8142-66989-80   Email: hs at denx.de