iMX8MM support for HAB and encrypted image in the mainline

Mircea Ciocan mircea at smartpost.ro
Sun Dec 26 09:19:52 CET 2021

Hello everybody,

I have a board with iMX8MM that needs to have HAB and encryption of the
U-Boot and kernel image active. OP-TEE is a nice to have, but no hard
requirement and there is absolutely no need for any multimedia features
(for all is needed the related blocks cold remain "dark").

I knew of course of the NXP fork used allover, that is mutilated beyond
recognition IMHO, but I was wondering if the above needed features are
supported in the mainline and if there is even a scrap of
documentation/tutorial regarding implementing this on the mainlime.

  Thanks and best regards,

  Mircea