Contributor meeting notes 19-Jan-21

Michal Simek michal.simek at xilinx.com
Thu Jan 21 09:05:45 CET 2021

Hi,

On 1/21/21 5:09 AM, Jaehoon Chung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 1/21/21 12:26 PM, Simon Glass wrote:
>> Hi Sean & Jaehoon,

>>> One option could be to alternate times. E.g. one meeting pick a time
>>> best for one hemisphere, and another call pick a time best for the
>>> other. For example, the next meeting could be at 4:30 UTC (since we just
>>> met at 16:30 UTC)
>>>
>>> --Sean
>>
>> Yes I think that is the best option. I'll figure this out.
>>
>> Re speaking English, U-Boot is a global project so we have to
>> accommodate different people. We have live notes during the meeting so
>> if it is easier you can type things into the notes. Sometimes I find
>> that helps to get points across.
>
> It's helpful to me. :) Thaks!

Definitely language can be a barrier but if there is option to write via
chats, docs it should be fine. Everybody understands that it can be hard
to understand but this is open community that you can answer by yes/no.
And it is not shame to ask to repeat stuff again because of language
barrier or unstable internet connection.
I believe that it is also difficult to learn your language for other.

Cheers,
Michal