Contributor meeting notes 19-Jan-21

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Thu Jan 21 11:41:42 CET 2021

On 20.01.21 02:55, Bin Meng wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 2:54 AM Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you for attending!
>>
>> Full notes at [1]
>>
>> Tuesday 19 January 2021
>>
>> Present: Daniel Schwierzeck, Heinrich Schuchardt, Michal Simek, Sean
>> Anderson, Simon Glass, Walter Lozano
>>
>> Notes:
>> [all] Introductions
>> [all] Timing of call
>> - Current time is the best across US, Europe, India. But not any good
>> for East Asia
>> - Simon might send out survey
>> - Send invitation to maintainer group - DONE
>> [Simon] New sequence numbers
>> [Heinrich] Online docs
>> - https://u-boot.readthedocs.io/
>
> Goot to see we have online docs configured to display the U-Boot
> documentation. Previously I suggested we have denx.de host this, but
> looks we never went that way.
>
>> - Accept a merge request only with docs included?
>
> I am not sure what this means. Is the https://u-boot.readthedocs.io/
> setup to build daily?

Building u-boot.readthedocs.io
==============================

Building https://u-boot.readthedocs.io/ is controlled by file
.readthedocs.yml.

Whenever Tom pushes to https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot.git branch
master the documentation is built. Building for a tag must be triggered
manually on page https://readthedocs.org/projects/u-boot/.

Currently Tom and I have administrator privileges for the project on
readthedocs.io.

Requiring documentation

Many changes that we do are worth being documented:

* new or changed commands
* new boards
* API changes

The idea is that the maintainers should push the contributors to provide
documentation for relevant changes and possibly reject patch sets with
missing documentation.

Best regards

Heinrich