flash.bin from imx8mq_evk_defconfig does not start

Heiko Thiery heiko.thiery at kontron.com
Tue Mar 2 10:01:12 CET 2021

Hi all,

I try to build the current u-boot for the imx8mq EVK board with
imx8mq_evk_defconfig.

I used the additional files "signed_hdmi_imx8m.bin" and
"lpddr4_pmu_train_*" from the NXP firmware-imx v8.1 and a build of ATF v2.4.

I used "make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu- flash.bin" to
build the flash image and copied it with "dd if=flash.bin of=/dev/sda
bs=1k seek=33" to the SD card. But unfortunately the board does not come up.

Do you have a glue what I miss here or is there a problem in the current
state of the defconfig/u-boot?

Thank you

--
Heiko