Dead code CONFIG_ARMADA_39X?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Mar 4 14:29:46 CET 2021

On 03.03.21 11:21, Pali Rohár wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I see in more U-Boot files check for ifdef CONFIG_ARMADA_39X but I do
> not see that CONFIG_ARMADA_39X could be defined in some header or board
> code.
>
> So does it mean that all code under ifdef CONFIG_ARMADA_39X is dead? Has
> U-Boot support for Marvell A39X SoC?
>
> If it is really dead code, should not be ifdef CONFIG_ARMADA_39X
> completely removed?

Frankly, I don't remember the history here. Did you look into the git
history to see, where this Kconfig option was introduced?

It could very well be the case, that this was introduced "by accident"
by including some Marvell code without taking it out. AFAIK, we are not
supporting any Armada 39x in mainline right now.

Thanks,
Stefan