dfu-util capability

ubootmaillist at burrellhome.com ubootmaillist at burrellhome.com
Sat May 1 21:11:23 CEST 2021

I have a system that has a CPU running u-boot and have a Xilinx Zynq
connected via USB using DFU to download the FPGA image.  I can
successfully download the FPGA image via dfu-util from the linux OS.
I would like to be able to load that same image from u-boot prior to

 From what I can tell, the DFU capability in u-boot is a host stack that
sits on the USB subsystem and acts a host for a memory style device that
may or may not have a filesystem.   This is not quite what I need.

What I want to do is take a file from a device that has a filesystem
(mmc for example) and provide a DFU transfer to the DFU capable host on
the FPGA.   Think of it as porting dfu-util to u-boot.

Is there a way of doing this in the current u-boot state or will I need
to write a new command to do this?    Has someone already done this?
Doing serveral web searches, I am not sure that it has this capability
or if it does, how to configure it correctly.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Paul