cramfs: unsupported filesystem features - ERROR

Marko Stanisic sankerspace at gmail.com
Tue May 4 00:19:59 CEST 2021

I have created an emmc.img in Buildroot 2020.11 and flashed an emmc
modul with that image.

The emmc.img file has two partitions with cramfs filesystem.(but i only
have to load one) I tried to load the cramfs partition from the emmc
into the RAM with the *cramfsls* - command and Iam very sure that i
correctly loaded the cramfs partition with *mmc read* into the RAM.

I checked the RAM content with md.b - command and compared the first
512byte visually with the hexdump of the rootfs.cramfs image (created by
the genimage tool - called by buildroot).

But the problem ist that I get that weird error message *cramfs:
unsupported filesystem features* in u-boot 2016.03 and i have no idea
why. Normal gzip compression was used and XIP was turned off in the
buildroot menuconfig.

Has anyone an idea, about the error message?

Note: I defined the "cramfsaddr" environment variable with an address
location in the ram. That should be set to define an RAM address
location inside the RAM to laod the cramfs partition.