sdhci_data_transfer: Trasnfer data timeout

aregaard aregaard at protonmail.com
Mon May 24 16:43:45 CEST 2021

Hi,
I have made a custom board based on ARM A53.
I use a NOR-flash, eMMC and DDR3.

I can start the Uboot from NOR and communicate with the eMMC.
But for some reason it is timing out the first time I connect to the eMMC.

*(CLK =25MHz)*
=> run mmc_format
eMMC: INT_STATUS = 00018000
eMMC: INT_STATUS = 00018001
sdhci_transfer_data: Transfer data timeout
sdhci_transfer_data: Transfer data timeout

After this part it can communicate:

*(CLK = 50MHz)*
success!
Writing GPT: success!
Saving Environment to SPI Flash... SF: Detected n25q128a13 with page size
256 Bytes, erase size 4 KiB, total 16 MiB
Erasing SPI flash...Writing to SPI flash...done
Valid environment: 1
OK

This Timeout might cause problems with the DDR3 (I am having problems with
the Kernel not booting corretly). I think there is an issue with the
communication with the eMMC and DDR, due to the timeout.

What can generate the timing-out-issue?

To make it clear; I can communicate with the eMMC. The first time it is
really slow and is timing out with 25 MHz FLASH-clk. The second time it goes
directly into sync:

=> run mmc_format
success!
Writing GPT: success!
Saving Environment to SPI Flash... Erasing SPI flash...Writing to SPI
flash...done
Valid environment: 2
OK

I sounds like a HW-issue, but what can cause this in the code?

If I reset the system it is timing out again the first time.

Kind Regards

--
Sent from: http://u-boot.10912.n7.nabble.com/