[RFC 0/2] Do not stop with an error when mkimage fails

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 11 13:29:46 CET 2021

Dear Rasmus,

In message <3253160d-b2e1-2101-5cd4-b8549b5acbae at prevas.dk> you wrote:

> > Yes, I believe the build system must be taught some env var (or other
> > means) for opting in to this behavior.
>
> Oh, and it should of course only paper over missing binary blobs, not
> arbitrary errors from mkimage or other tools. The easiest way to do that
> is probably to create some dummy blob(s) [only when CREATE_BROKEN_IMAGES
> is set of course] before calling the tool that will consume the blobs.

Would it not make much more sense that the CI actually creates the
needed data, at least dummy versions of it?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
:       I've tried (in vi) "g/[a-z]\n[a-z]/s//_/"...but that doesn't
: cut it.  Any ideas?  (I take it that it may be a two-pass sort of solution).
In the first pass, install perl. :-) Larry Wall <6849 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>