Testing pci_mvebu.c with Kirkwood SoCs

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Nov 12 15:36:31 CET 2021

On 11/11/21 22:10, Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 November 2021 16:04:20 Tony Dinh wrote:
>> I've also tried mdelay(3000), just to be sure. The result was the same
>> hang in 'usb start'.
>
> Ok. So put pci_init() into board_late_init().
>
> There are some more cleanup and fixes patches for pci_mvebu.c on mailing
> list. After they are merged I will prepare and send final PCI Kirkwood
> patch for testing.

Chiming in a bit late in this discussion:

Is an explicit call to pci_init() necessary in this Kirwood case? IIRC,
the DM infrastructure should make sure that all device are probed - but
only when really needed. So if you don't need PCI in the boot process
at all, then it's not probed at all. Or if you set CONFIG_PCI_PNP this
will be done always. Then there should be no need for the additional
"pci enum".

I might be missing something - did not check in depth.

Thanks,
Stefan