case PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_SGMII on dwmac_socfpga.c

Efrati, Gabriel gabriel.efrati at intel.com
Mon Nov 15 08:26:23 CET 2021

Hello,

I am trying to develop a new Arria 10 SOC board, with SFP networking and SGMII interface.

When I set the phy-mode = "sgmii"; on the file socfpga_arria10_socdk.dtsi,

I receive the following message coming from dwmac_socfpga.c : "Unsupported PHY mode"

This is because PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_SGMII, argument is missing on the relevant switch case.

I saw, exists a lot of other branches (done for other devices) with inside the argument and the driver full definition.

Could you add the function on the branch?

Thanks,
Gabriel.
Intel Israel (74) Limited