[ANN] U-Boot v2022.01-rc2 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Nov 15 17:59:12 CET 2021

Hey all,

It's two weeks past v2022.01-rc1, so here's -rc2.  As a reminder, what
comes in with these later rc's is at the discretion of the custodian.
If they're confident of changes that look a tad large, but are confined
to a particular platform or SoC that's been well tested by them, OK.
But by the same token, please be sure things are well tested.

Something I should have mentioned with -rc1 but forgot is that we've
enabled issue tracking on our gitlab instance.  You can sign up and then
be able to file issues at:
https://source.denx.de/groups/u-boot/-/issues

This is intended for everyone to be able to use, both custodians for
their own needs (you can see for example Heinrich has filed something
for UEFI and LMB) as well as users to just report bugs so they don't
feel like they're lost in the mailing list.  I want to thank Simon for
driving on this for so long and Harald and the rest of the DENX folks
for setting it up.

Another thing to note is that given the time of year, I'm going to open
the -next branch now to give people as much time to queue up big changes
for the next release as possible and otherwise perhaps do some end of
year patch queue clearing.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2022.01-rc1..v2022.01-rc2
contains what I've pulled but as always, better PR messages and tags
will provide better results here.

So we're now looking at regular releases every other Monday, and with
final release on January 10th, 2022.  Thanks all!

--
Tom