Testing pci_mvebu.c with Kirkwood SoCs

Pali Rohár pali at kernel.org
Tue Nov 16 23:37:34 CET 2021

On Tuesday 16 November 2021 14:26:56 Tony Dinh wrote:
> Hi Pali,
>
> While we are at it, this default should be changed in drivers/usb/host/Kconfig.
>
> config USB_XHCI_MVEBU
>         bool "MVEBU USB 3.0 support"
>         default y
>
> Setting this default correctly will save a couple Kbytes for other boards.
>         default y if ARCH_MVEBU

Hello! USB_XHCI_MVEBU has currently "depends on ARCH_MVEBU" which means
that USB_XHCI_MVEBU cannot be enabled when ARCH_MVEBU is disabled. So
"default y if ARCH_MVEBU" is same as "default y".

If you have mvebu board when mvebu xhci controller is unused, you can
disable this option and save some space. I see that other xhci drivers
have also "default y" so seems that this is the standard default option.