Please pull u-boot-net/next

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed Nov 17 15:09:27 CET 2021

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 08:08:36AM +0200, Ramon Fried wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 7:37 PM Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 07:58:42PM +0200, Ramon Fried wrote:
> >
> > > his PR includes the following net changes for next:
> > >
> > > - Various DSA additions
> > > - bootp: fix for VCI string
> > > - tsec: support for promiscuous mode
> > > - macb: Fix for random MAC address not saved to the environment.
> > > The following changes since commit e8e9c6f48400989c5fc54467576f8d535bd713e6:
> > >
> > >  Merge https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-samsung
> > > (2021-11-09 15:05:33 -0500)
> > >
> > > are available in the Git repository at:
> > >
> > >  https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-net.git/
> > >
> > > for you to fetch changes up to 23a438b2d05db54c95315094fe9ac8fe0c46213e:
> > >
> > >  net: uclass: Save ethernet MAC address when generated (2021-11-10
> > > 19:55:01 +0200)
> >
> > As it seems we're still actively discussing the implications of:
> >
> > > Michal Simek (1):
> > >      net: uclass: Save ethernet MAC address when generated
> >
> > Can you please re-spin with that dropped?  Thanks!
>
> I sure can, but I'm against that. the patch should stay IMO.
> I saw the thread, it actually started in IRC, where I already gave my opinion.

I'm cycling back to this again because setting aside that I'm not
convinced yet this is the right path, it's also an incomplete patch
because the help text for NET_RANDOM_ETHADDR specifically says the
environment is not updated, which is no longer true after that patch and
needs to be corrected.

--
Tom