mxc_nand lacking support?

Wouter Vanhauwaert W.Vanhauwaert at TELEVIC.com
Mon Nov 22 10:12:00 CET 2021

Is it just me, or is mxc_nand (nand for imx53) lacking quiet some things?
It does not support ONFI (READID on address 0x20 is just ignoring the address and reading from 0, so returning the normal ID)
It does not support 4k flashes (largepage is just 2k, no oob for 4k available)
I want to support MT29F8G08ABABAWP, which is a 4k-paged 1GiB flash. And even after adding it to the nand list manually and being detected, it spits out tons of ECC errors