Broken build with disabling OpenSSL crypto

Jernej Škrabec jernej.skrabec at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 23:27:43 CEST 2021

Hi everyone!

Commit cb9faa6f98ae ("tools: Use a single target-independent config to enable
OpenSSL") recently introduced option to disable usage of OpenSSL via
CONFIG_TOOLS_LIBCRYPTO. However, just a bit later, another commit b4f3cc2c42d9
("tools: kwbimage: Do not hide usage of secure header under
CONFIG_ARMADA_38X") made U-Boot tools hard dependent on OpenSSL. That totally
defeats the purpose of first commit. I suggest that it gets reverted.

I would like disable OpenSSL for my usage, since it gives me troubles when
cross-compiling U-Boot inside LibreELEC build system. It's not needed for our
case anyway.

Best regards,
Jernej