imx6 DM_VIDEObroken

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Thu Oct 7 21:50:04 CEST 2021

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 6:48 AM Anatolij Gustschin <agust at denx.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2021 09:33:18 -0700
> Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com wrote:
> > One last question on this. I have never used U-Boot vidconsole before.
> > It does work if I 'setenv stdout serial,videconsole' but if I saveenv
> > and reboot vidconsole is not enabled. Should I expect it to be or is
> > it expected that if you want vidconsole you need to do a setenv in
> > preboot?
>
> if you have
> CONFIG_CONSOLE_MUX=y
> CONFIG_SYS_CONSOLE_IS_IN_ENV=y
>
> and
> # CONFIG_SYS_CONSOLE_OVERWRITE_ROUTINE is not set
>
> then vidconsole should be enabled.

Anatolij,

That is my configuration yet vidconsole does not enable until I
'setenv stdout serial,vidconsole':
Ventana > print stdout
stdout=serial,vidconsole
^^^ see splash, yet no vidconsole
Ventana > setenv stdout serial,vidconsole
^^^ now I see vidconsole

Do you perhaps have another board to check this behavior with on master?

Best regards,

Tim