License: embed u-boot binary in FPGA bitstream

François Ozog francois.ozog at linaro.org
Tue Oct 19 09:13:07 CEST 2021

Hi

Did you get an answer I missed ?

There’s active discussion on DTB lifecycle.

>From the Xilinx boards I am aware of, there is a Xilinx primary boot loader
that then loads u-boot SPL and then U-Boot proper.

My understanding is that you can attach the hardware description DTB with
the bitstream and pass it across to U-Boot proper.
Your build system can take a base board DTS and add the FPGA devices to it
to generate the DTB.

I’ll ask an FPGA expert to comment.

Cheers

FF

Le jeu. 14 oct. 2021 à 16:18, Andreas Oetken <ennoerlangen at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Dear U-Boot experts,
>
> If I embed a u-boot binary into a FPGA bitstream (block memory) are
> there any license issues? I can't release the FPGA hardware description
> files. So the only alternative I could think of would be another small
> bootloader loading the u-boot binary from an external non-volatile
> memory.
>
> Thank you,
> Best Regards,
> Andreas
>
> --
François-Frédéric Ozog | *Director Business Development*
T: +33.67221.6485
francois.ozog at linaro.org | Skype: ffozog