Aw: Re: uboot FIT signature difference

Frank Wunderlich frank-w at public-files.de
Mon Oct 25 19:59:13 CEST 2021

> Gesendet: Sonntag, 24. Oktober 2021 um 21:53 Uhr
> Von: "Simon Glass" <sjg at chromium.org>
> An: "Frank Wunderlich" <frank-w at public-files.de>
> Betreff: Re: uboot FIT signature difference
>
> Hi Frank,
>
> On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 at 11:51, Frank Wunderlich <frank-w at public-files.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > i try to create a upstream uboot binary for use with rockchip rk3568 (bananapi r2 pro). Currently i'm on preparation phase as i don't have the hardware yet (so i cannot test it).
> >
> > First thanks to everybody upstreamed support for this SOC in uboot and linux.
> >
> > i found a compiled uboot.img with this signature:
> >
> > FIT Image with ATF/OP-TEE/U-Boot
> >
> > my created itb (make u-boot.itb) has this signature:
> >
> > FIT image for U-Boot with bl31 (TF-A)
> >
> > can anybody give me a hint how to create same signature as above? or where i have to look...
>
> As far as I know this is just the description, which you can change by
> updating the 'description' of your .its file, or binman node if you
> are using that.

Hi,

i found the signature of my binary here:

https://github.com/frank-w/u-boot/blob/2020-10-bpi/arch/arm/mach-rockchip/make_fit_atf.py#L25

string on the possible source of the other binary differs...maybe it is somehow changed

compile-progress seems to be this:

https://gitlab.com/pgwipeout/quartz64_ci/-/blob/main/.gitlab-ci.yml#L58

so it looks like this python-script is used:

https://gitlab.com/pgwipeout/u-boot-rockchip/-/blob/quartz64/arch/arm/mach-rockchip/make_fit_atf.py

but still different...anyway thanks for looking into it

Regards Frank

> > i guess the uboot.img is created using this source:
> > https://github.com/rockchip-linux/u-boot
> >
> > as far as i see the itb gets generated from the dtb
> >
> >   OBJCOPY u-boot-nodtb.bin
> > ./"arch/arm/mach-rockchip/make_fit_atf.py" \
> > arch/arm/dts/rk3568-evb.dtb > u-boot.its
> >   RELOC   u-boot-nodtb.bin
> >   MKIMAGE u-boot.itb
> >
> > op-tee seems to be a lib only in rockchip repo, not upstream
> >
> > https://github.com/rockchip-linux/u-boot/tree/next-dev/lib/optee_clientApi
> >
> > seems to be some kind of secure boot, idk if this is needed to boot the device
> >
> > i wonder why uboot differentiate between ATF and BL31...imho BL31 is part of ATF, do i need all parts of ATF (at least BL2) to get same signature? i have some rk3568_ddr_xxxxMHz_v1.08.bin which can be BL2 (did not found any signature and Rockchip ATF source is afaik not yet released, at least not for rk35xx which is new).
> >
> > "my" source is this:
> >
> > https://github.com/frank-w/u-boot/tree/2021-10-bpi-r2-pro
>
> I'm not sure about all these flows. It is all quite complicated these days...

no worry, i try my binary on the board if i get it ;)